[ 14031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 576, 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582 ... 702  Next

Post subject: Re: HIVE Roleplay (Proper Thread)
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:42 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Chais)
I steadied her, frowning.
'Slow down, Cesca. What's happening? She's leaving?'
'Yes, because she thinks you're bad and-' I pressed one finger to her lips, to stop the imminent garbled rush again.
'Okay. And you want her to stay?'
'No, I want to stay! Or at least, not go without you-'
'Somehow I don't think I'm leaving this house any time soon.'
'That's what I said, Chais! That you can't leave, and Rina wants to go, and Jon's behind her, and she says I have to come, because she hates you! Davvero, odia davvero tu! E non posso solo-'
'Cesca, love. I don't understand the-'
'Ed è ridicolo e lei non lo ammetteranno mai e-' I grasped her shoulders, gentle but firm.
'Cesca! English!' She stared back at me, with wide, frantic, angered eyes. I waited for a few beats. 'She can't make you go?'
'You don't know her. And Jon... Jon will-'
'I can sort Jon out,' I muttered, grimly.
'No! No fighting! Non si può semplicemente andare a combattere contro di loro! It'll only reinforce what they think! It will make James agree!'
'Cesca, I'm not a very good speaker...'
'Well, try! Do you want her to go? Do you want her to drag me along? Is that what you want? To let her rid me of you?!' I grabbed her jaw, and kissed her, wanting to leech her tension, though I knew she could taste it on me.
'No,' I growled. 'Never.'
I slid my fingers through hers, then stepped back. 'We'll talk to them, Cesca. Damn them both, but I'll try.'

(Joey)
'Huh. You've tried numerous times on me.'
'Because you're -R18-ing stubborn, and one day you'll succumb.'
'Providing that day is convenient for you.'
'You have no idea of the import of the day you do. Alas, you will. And I shall laugh.'

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:09 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Ariss)
I abruptly stopped talking and sat back to allow Joey to finish his dinner. He didn't know how important it was that he hold out until the Olympics. That was another reason I didn't 'take care' of the persistent French athlete.

"Done?" I asked harshly.

((Emily... Skype?))

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:23 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Joey)
I threw my fork done.
'Yes, fine! I'm done! And I cannot believe you just said you weren't prickly!'
'I'm not. I'm-'
'Prickly!'

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 pm 
HIVE Student

((I'm back! *dances*))

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:33 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Ariss)
"I am not prickly!" I hissed, before stalking out of the dining room.

-4 days later-
I was at the end of my patience with Joey. I didn't think I could stand one more minute with his constant puns and other personality quirks that constantly grated at me. Thankfully, I wouldn't have to. Today was the day that everything depended on.

"Joey! Hurry!" I called through our luxurious suite of rooms. "Today's it! And then you don't have to put up with me any more!" And I won't have to put up with you, either. I added in my head.

((Hey, Peri!))

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:37 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Joey)
'Right!' I yelled back, 'except I still have a really bad feeling about this.'
'You'll be fine; you know the routine.'
'No, you know the routine. I know how to mimic the routine!'
'You know it, I know it, even your Aunt knows it.'
'Yeah, whatever.' My voice shook a little.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:44 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Ariss)
I took some-a little-pity on Joey, and reassured him. "You can skate. You can skate to the music. It's much better than less than a week ago."

He didn't seem at all assured, as his voice still quavered a little. "And this is the Olympics. Olympians do not learn the routine four days before the Olympics."

That was true. But he could pass. "Joey, forget that you're in the Olympics. We're just practicing, okay?"

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:46 pm 
HIVE Student

(Cesca)

I gasped for air, like I had not breathed for a long time.
Calm, Cesca, calm.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, tightly but not as desperately as before. I buried my face in his shoulder until I had regained something resembling composure, and then I pressed grateful kisses to his neck, to his lips.
"Thank you," I murmured, as I pulled back and looked directly into his eyes, one hand at the back of his head to make sure he was looking back. "Thank you."
He did not reply, and his expression was troubled, but I dismissed it, hoping against hope that this might work. I knew we could do it. I knew it.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:48 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Joey)
'Oh, yeah,' My voice tipped into sarcasm, panic, now, 'because it doesn't matter if I land on my butt in the middle of the axle again!'
'You won't!'
'I will, Arissa! I'll pop the axle, fall on the-'
'Calm down, Joey.'
'But-' She clamped her hands down on my shoulders, stern.
'Breathe.'

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:52 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Ariss)
This was very bad. I pressed my hands down on Joey's shoulders to keep him from having a panic attack. "Calm down, Joey. It'll be fine. You won't mess up. Okay?"

Now I was talking to calm myself down, too. His worry was a bit infectious.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Chais)
'Okay,' I took a low breath, my hand tightening around hers a little. 'Where are they?'
'Upstairs..'
'Right.' I pulled her forwards, and we ascended the staircase, together. She led me along the hall, turned left and stopped at the double doors to Rina and Jon's suite.
They were ajar, and heavy, fevered pacing was accompanied by Jon's soothing tones.
'He's such a bastard, Jon! He's so arrogant, swanning along and just grabbing her, and-'
'Don't worry Rina. She'll come around. You can go home; I'll come, and so will Cesca. He can't get out of here, not with Juliet around. Besides, if she's not... cooperative, Juliet always had a plan for this.'
'I know, but..'
'But what?'
'I just.. I don't like the idea of taking her away like that. I want her to come willingly, and-'
I stepped in smoothly, with a short, soft cough.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Joey)
I could see the trepidation creeping into her eyes, too.
'What if they catch us, Arissa? What if they've been following all these plans, these arrangements, my horrible skating? There are people who do that! They investigate and notice!'
'IT WILL BE FINE!'
'YOU DON'T SOUND SO SURE YOURSELF!'
'I'M NOT!'
'GEE, THANKS!'
'THIS WILL WORK! I HAVE NEVER FAILED BEFORE! AT ANYTHING!'
I paused.
'Well, you kind of have a big advantage going for you.'

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 pm 
HIVE Student

(Cesca)

I followed Chais, wary as my sister and her boyfriend stopped in their tracks, immediately put on edge by his presence.
Chais was tense, and just as watchful. But he commanded a kind of presence that, while being slightly intimidating, held their attention without immediately making Rina launch herself at him and cut out his throat.
I wanted to go and hold his hand, to stand by his side in defiance. But I could tell by the set of his shoulders, by the way I just knew him, that this was something he had to do alone.
At least, as alone as he ever was, with me lingering by the door, and a familiar, dangerously feminine shadow blocking the light from the window across the hall directly behind me. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see it moving siwftly into place and then remian still, waiting, as we all were.
My eyes snapped forwards, as I leaned against the door, and reached out in the expectant silence to briefly squeeze his fingers.
This all happened in a matter of miliseconds. Then, Chais was speaking.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:04 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Ariss)
"I know that," I said quietly. "But it's too late now to back out."

"It was too late too long ago, Arissa."

"I know that, too. Which is why we have to follow through. Just this one thing, Joey. And then we're done."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:23 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Chais)
My first statement was low, bubbling with notes that quivered on the brink of intense anger, the pretence of courteousness and, irritatingly, anxiety.
'Your sister does not want to leave. I have no intention of letting you take her.'
'You do not dictate what she does, you possessive son-of-a-bitch.' She seethed. Jon placed a hand on her elbow, drawing her back slightly, protectively, cautioning.
'Stare attenti, Rina.' He murmured.
'Dictating implies intent to force the subject.' I shrugged. 'And you, Caterina-'
'You call me-'
'-were the one discussing what I can only assume was sleepering.' I folded my arms, now allowing my eyes to grow dark. And, yes, maybe a little protective.

(Joey)
I smiled wryly.
'It's frightening that I'm beginning to trust you.'
'I can imagine.' She gave a fleeting, nervous smile, removing her hands from my shoulders; I guessed even the 'pro's got apprehensive at a competition of this calibre. 'Drink lots-'
'Stretch loads-'
'Remember to breathe-'
'Check the skates.' I exhaled. 'Okay, I'm cool. Ice-cold. Cucumber-like.'

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:27 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Ariss)
I considered snapping at him, but decided against it. It was a good sign that he was back to his puns--right? And snapping right now wouldn't do a lot of good for either of us.

I sighed and stood up straight. "It's time to go," I said softly. "Ready or not."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:30 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Joey)
I gritted my teeth.
'Here we come...' We both grabbed our bags (prepared last night and repeatedly, meticulously checked through to morning- neither of us had slept much), and slung them over our shoulders.
Then, as one, we crossed the hall to the elevator.
From elevator to cab.
And from cab to rink.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 pm 
HIVE Student

(Cesca)

Rina's eyes flashed venomously. She knew we had her but she refuted it anyway, switching subjects so rapidly that I could almost smell her annoyance. She was keeping her cool, but barely. "This is my sister we're talking about," she hissed. "You have no right to eavesdrop on any of my conversations, whether they are to do with her or not!"
I felt like shouting out, Hello? I am still here you know! But I kept my mouth shut for fear of making any of this worse.
Rina was in such an uncontrollable rant that she didn't even realize she had changed languages. "Non ti rendi conto che non contano? Tu sei un ossessione insensata, niente di più!"
Chais, however, was dismissive. It portrayed confidence I kenw I could never have. "Insult me all you want, Caterina. You know I don't understand a word."
Steam was practically pouring out of Rina's ears. She was losing it, and fast.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Ariss)
Now, if any, was the time to get nervous. But I hoped that Joey had finished with his panicking.

The rink was massive. Nobody had set foot on the ice. It gleamed in the hard lighting, reflecting the stands. I could see the vague images of the judges.

I began shivering, and not from the cold. I hadn't expected it to be this overwhelming.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Chais)
'Well,' She hissed, 'it looks like this is all going to come down to Cesca's decision then, Golding.' She rounded on her, vicious. 'So, come on, Cesc. Me or him?'
'You know I can't answer that,' Cesca spat back.
'You just did. You'd choose some idiotic... insane maniac over family! I really expected more-'
'The 'idiotic insane maniac',' I said smoothly, 'is not the one issuing ultimatums.'
She flew at me, and the difference between her's and her sister's slaps were almost interchangeable.

(Joey)
My hands were shaking, uncontrollable.
Even my legs, down to the thin blades of my boots, quivered to the point of collapse, demanding all my attention to avoid my imminent breakdown.
We watched countess couples of skaters.
Then, the microphones were booming our names.

[ 14031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 576, 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582 ... 702  Next