[ 1114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 56  Next

Post subject: Re: We are G.L.O.V.E.!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:01 pm 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
I laughed at this comment, and tossed back my straight hair repeatedly. Emily got the message, and complimented it's straightness, and I grinned.
"How nice of you to compliment it." I thanked her, and then paid her some idle compliment about how nice her shirt was. she then went back to staring at the plant in the middle of the table. It had huge black flowers and bright blue leaves, a creation of the lab folk. "Go on." I told her, and she grinned, reaching out until the leaves flitted around with excitement.
The food arrived quickly. I had pizza with all kinds of meat on top, and Alek chose some kind of esteemed pasta dish swimming in a white creamy sauce.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:07 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
I went through a series of tests involving the plant. It was quite chatty, and clearly more than just plant. I ssumed some kind of conciousness transferred within it. At one point, I accidentally started mumbling out loud, a load of crap.
'I like azaleas too. You think they're hot? That's nice. I suppose the deep blue ones..' I trailed off, looking up at the others, who had paused mid-chew, staring at me. I cleared my throat. the plant gave an uncomfortable shuffle.
'Anyone else like azaleas?'

“Yes?”
“and follow your star...”
“Yes?”
“you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.”

~Miss Tick, The Wee Free Men

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:17 pm 
HIVE Candidate

Location: Lurking in the depths of your "my documents" folder.
<Clarnico>
I smiled at Emily, and I was also curious about the large plant, it's intreguing blue leaves moving slightly, and I guessed she was up to her "Magic"...Unfortunately, my knowledge of plants was rather limited, and I nodded, "They're nice..." I smiled, continuing my meal, as Emily continued her conversation with the flower.
I finished my mouthful, "Wow, Jli, this is delicious!" I said, enjoying another bite of the pasta. "Mmmm...." I nodded, savouring the flavour, the pasta, the sauce, and the vegetables.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 am 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
I continued to stare at emily, who seemed defiant. "I prefer roses." I told her, chewing slowly, and looking over at Alek. He seemed to be analysing her.
"You can talk to plants?" He askeed.
"Yes." She replied, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. The tendril flitted around her wrist uncomfortably. He chewed his mouthful thoughtfully.
"And that silver thing?"
"Soul-sap." I interrupted him.
"I can control that." She told him.
"How?"
"Mentally. It's a gift from my... bloodline."
"Which bloodline would that be?"
"Amazonian." She evaded, taking a bite of the food that was yet untouched.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 am 
Master Criminal

*cyn*

I had realized i was being watched halfway through getting dressed. Note to Self: when not in own home, get changed in the bathroom. I snorted to myself, and touched a button on Mae-Nyx's coller to spread an illusion. Some high tech stuff that i won't bother getting into that involved bending waves of light around me and Mae-Nyx. It effectivly rendered us invisable to surveilence. I finished slipping into my halter dress. It was an interesting color, it shifted from black, to dark green, to neon green as i walked. I slipped on the impossibly high heels that you could only wear if you were a.) a person who could walk on a wire, b.) a person who stood for hours in front of the TV on one foot practcing a variety of difficult poses, or c.) if you were Cynthalia Obscurite' born with the natural ability to walk the roofs of the skyscrapers of new york and tokyo. People never saw you coming. Check,check, check. I was irked with jli. I did love Once Upon a December...it was probably my weak spot...but did she have to taunt me with it? I pouted slightly before opening the door and heading to dinner, where things were as usual...wacky and wild. I could only pray that there would be no Red Bull served as an after dinner drink...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:55 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
I sipped at the soup, detecting traces of nutmeg, basil, various forms of fish, and the bittersweet taste of green leaf.
'It's good.' I told him, attempting to change the subject.
'Amazonian, huh?' He persisted.
'Yup.'
'And how does it work?' I raised an eyebrow.
'If I told you that, I would have to kill you.' I let the threat leak into my tone, just tainting the words ever so slightly to show I was not willing to continue discussion on the subject.
'I would like to-' Jli nudged Alek, interrupting him, and shook her head slightly, a warning not to persist in questioning me, which translated into plain english, meant simply; Not wise. I did not doubt she had read the increasing hardness in my eyes.

“Yes?”
“Yes?”
“you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.”

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:18 pm 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
I was also slightly curious to how Emily does what she does... But I didn't want to go too far in asking either, so I continued my meal. I smiled, unsure of what to say. It seemed clear that Alek wanted to find out more about Emily's skill, and I was wondering what I should say, as Emily looked rather uncomfortable being asked about it, and I felt a change of subject may be needed. I quickly looked around the room for inspiration.
"So, how long have you had 1.0?" I asked, seeing the dog nearby.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:42 pm 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
"About a year." I told her, ruffling the dog's ears as she belly-slid across the tiled floor towards me. I fed her a slice of pepperoni which she swallowed like a duck, not even bothering to chew it. She then perked up her ears and looked absolutely adorable.
"Don't feed her." Alek told me, and then said the same thing to everyone else. A couple of people awwed at her cuteness, but they all sort of nodded in agreement with not feeding her people-food.
"So, where are you from?" Alek asked Nat, and then Max, and then even Roza, who said in the cutesy possible way 'from mummy's tummy' which sent us all into absolute hysterics.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:55 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
I relaxed, pleased we had moved on.
As I was sipping the soup, half listening to the conversations around me, Esenelda and the red, leather bound book entered my train of thought. I dropped my spoon, not believing I had forgotten something so important. I resolved to look at it as soon as the opportunity to do so presented itself.
Picking up my spoon, I continued to eat.

“Yes?”
“Yes?”

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:19 pm 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
I laughed slightly at Emily's sudden loss of control over her cutlery, and then again at her failed attempt to cover up the mistake. Alek got onto Clarinco, asking her about where she was from, what he rather job was, her family and such. Cyn looked uncomfortable and asked to be excused for a bit. She was acting strange...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:06 pm 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
Smiling, I answered. Although I rarely answered such questions, I felt I could trust him.
"Well, I was originally from England, but after my time at HIVE, I moved to Iceland... Part of my job, as I was planning to go into scientific research, inspired after my time at HIVE...Shortly after, I set up my own 'buisness', and I applied to work for GLOVE. Just a technician when I started..." I trailed off. "And many years later, I became a member of the ruling council.....And here we are..." I turned slightly red. "Sorry to bore you with half my life story so far....."
"So, what about you?" I asked

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:21 pm 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
I excused myself from the meal, and set off after Cyn, who was being followed by Mae-Nyx, and then me, and I think that I was being followed by 1.0. She went into the female bathroom, and then I stormed in after her. She was almost ruining this brilliant occasion, and I was P*SSED!
"Well?" I asked, staring her down angrily. 1.0 entered after me, and then immediately left after sensing the general mood in the room.
"What?" she asked defensively.
"Don't give me that crap, you've been acting funny ever since you arrived." I accused her, hands on hips, radiating anger.
"I don't know what you mean." She answered cooly, washing her hands quickly and then drying them on one of the white fluffy towels.

*Alek*
I saw Jay walk out, looking angry, and considered following her, but then one of her friends started talking to me, and I got pretty engrossed in the conversation. As usual, the hilight was when I told her that yes, I was from THE Swarvoski family, and not just A Swarvoski.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:30 pm 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
"Wow..." I said, "Like the beautiful crystals?" I asked, as I knew I had heard it somewhere before
"Yes...My father owns it" He said, slightly proudly
"That must be really cool..." I said, turning to see where Jli and Cyn had gone
He turned to look too, seeming rather worried about his fiancee. "Jay-Bird?" Alek called, "Are you alright?"

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:36 pm 
HIVE Candidate

*Alek*
I stood and walked out of the room, following where I'd last seen 1.0 go. She was trotting back down the corridor back towards us, head down and tail tucked in. This was a bad sign.
"Is everything alright?" I asked her in Russian. (Yes, we also have a quadlingual dog).
"Don't go in there." She warned me, pointing her nose at the door of the female restrooms just down the corridor from where we were.
"I'm not sure if I'd even be allowed in anyway..." I pondered, walking over and sitting outside the door, while I listened to the yells and fight sounds from inside.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:08 pm 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
"Umm...Excuse me....." I said, watching as Alek followed the others.
I felt I should go too, so I quickly got up, hastily walking after the others.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:22 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
'Alek!' I said as Clarnico walked into the bathroom. 'We should.... talk some more.' I dragged him back to the table, in a vainly hidden attempt to keep him out of the confrontation in the bathroom. He gave me a weird look.
'So, what do you want to talk about?' He asked.
'Uhmmmm.... great weather for avocado growth, huh?'

“Yes?”
“Yes?”

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:32 pm 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
I stepped into the bathroom, and both turned to face me. "Umm.....Hi? Are both of you alright"
They nodded, and I swiftly walked into the cubicle, trying to make my visit to the bathroom seem less like spying. As soon as I re-entered, the silence returned again, so I quickly washed my hands, leaving as fast as I could, closing the door behind me. As soon as I did, the shouting continued....

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
As soon as Clar had left the bathroom, the bitching match resumed.
"What the hell is your problem?" I asked her, stepping closer, into her personal zone.
"Nothing!" She insisted, backing off slightly, but fierce anger smouldered in her eyes. Mae-Nyx growled lightly from the corner, a warning.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:36 pm 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
Oh dear, as per usual, something was going wrong. And when something goes wrong, the problem escalates, and in our case, the shouting grew louder and louder, and I decided, I should probably return to the table....
I returned back, still hearing the muffled shouts from Jli. I sighed, and gave Emily a tired, half smile, although I guessed she had resumed talking to the plant, it's leaves moving slightly.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:37 pm 
Master Criminal

((Just a few things:
One, on Friday Chibi will post something important and then I will resume my activities...
Two, who is Jli screaming at?
Three, "from my mummy's tummy" is freakin' HALARIOUS.
Four, where exactly is everyone located? I know Cyn's somewhere else...namely, where is the group that has Raven with them? >this doesn't sound suspicious at allllll<
Five, Considering that Roza is, like, five, I think that as the night wears on she should be put to bed...in a different room...alone or at least with a simple guard....I am not going to take her, I promise...but I think she should definitely be alone for a bit...I'm sure Chibi agrees.....*wink wink wink*))

"...when they blow our house down, let's draw on the walls....I'm in my room making cardboard castles with shoestring rope, soup spoon drawbridge, tinfoil moat...I'm still dreaming after all these years...." -Cardboard Castles

[ 1114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 56  Next