[ 1114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 56  Next

Post subject: Re: We are G.L.O.V.E.!
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 pm 
Master Criminal

I knew exactly what she was saying on the other side of that door. So i started my own shouting game. Only in french. This was going to be fun. I wondered if i should scare raven a little, then thought better of it, that secret talent should be left till later.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 am 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
I sighed and rubbed my temples. It seemed like everyone was shouting, and my vision started going. Crap, I could feel a migraine coming on.
"Emily!" I called out, the aura surrounding my vision now becoming really distracting. "I need some anti-migraine meds, now please." I asked her, holding out my hand blindly. I had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing exactly what Cyn was shouting, and that just made it worse. I yelled out, in German.
"Schloß die Hölle bis! Ich habe ein schrecklichen Migräne, und du bist nicht zu helfen!" I yelled, grabbing a bottle from Emily and pulling the cork out. I paused as I was about to down the whole thing, and then asked (Auf Englisch) "This is for drinking?"
Emily giggled slightly, and then gasped as it jogged her huge wound across her stomach. "Yep." She gasped, through gritted teeth. I then drank a huge mouthful and handed it back to her, pausing to thank her slightly at one point.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:03 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
I nodded, then patted the ground beside me. She sat down, and I encased us both in a soundproof, silvery bubble, then continued to prod at the burning leaves across my stomach, occasionally adding more 'fuel'.
'Hey, a little bird told me you got engaged recently.' ((I think you said something about a family earlier in the roleplay)) I smiled, and she looked a little shy. 'So, who's the lucky guy??'

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:45 pm 
HIVE Candidate

Location: Lurking in the depths of your "my documents" folder.
<Clarnico>
I smiled slightly, trying to hide how I felt. I sat, leaning against the wall, alone, feeling rather left out. It was quiet, until the loud shouts in Russian continued, along with a bashing sound against the door. I sighed, and opened the small netbook I had brought with me, pulling on a pair of headphones to muffle the sound of Raven's angry shouting. I then wondered if she had her katanas in there.... but carried on typing, a message back to my secret base in Iceland....

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:17 pm 
Master Criminal

((Chibi and I made some plans today, ignore this bit if you want.))

Safely in the back-up hideout on a different island, RL's eyes began to close as she went over paperwork. Before she knew it she had fallen asleep at her desk...

"...when they blow our house down, let's draw on the walls....I'm in my room making cardboard castles with shoestring rope, soup spoon drawbridge, tinfoil moat...I'm still dreaming after all these years...." -Cardboard Castles

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:41 am 
Master Criminal

I whirled around, somehow managing to hear that last comment even thiugh i was screaming away in another language.

"Engaged???"

I had been "almost" engaged once...once. Unlike most girls who gasp and get all teary eyed, i kept a straight face. I then Answerd,"I'll think about it, but I accept this as a friendship ring!" Grabing the ring i then trotted off, leaving my "almost" fiance still kneeling on the ground. I hadn't heard from him since, but i still had the ring!!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:44 am 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
((OK, Really Important Notice, here! (Posting it on multiple threads, so EVERYONE knows :)
I'mm gonna be offline for about two weeks... sorry! Going on holiday!
I'll be thinking of you whilst riding the huge roller-coasters and sunbathing on the beach and swimming in the pool and going to the... *drools*
Anyway, see you all in about two weeks. *bye!*))
I laughed, out loud. Emily looked slightly shocked.
"Sorry... wow news travels fast here. Yes, I have." (Making this up on the spot, wasn't planning for it.)
"Dish, then!" Emily encouraged, as Cyn entered the bubble too, looking hopeful.
"He's Russian, called Aleksander. Tall, dark-haired and handsome." I blushed slightly.
"Where did you meet?" Cyn asked.
"Erm... this'll sound wierd." I warned them, and then struggled to keep a straight face. "In a dark alley."
"WHAT?" They both shouted, and then we all collapsed into laughter. "What happened?"
"I had an... assignment from GLOVE, to exterminate this guy, not him, and it seemed that Alek had been assigned to him too. I was stalking up to him, having cornered him, and then Alek stabbed him. I had no idea who it was, and we were both wearing hooded cloaks, so neither of us could see the other. We both tried to kill each other, and then the fight went into the streets. Our hoods fell off, and we saw each other's faces. It was love at first fight." I joked, and they both giggled. "Just as well, he was about to kill me."
"So... he's a..." Cyn angled, awkwardly
"Hit-man." I clarified.
"When's the big day?" Emily asked, looking excited.
"A few weeks. We've not sent out the invites yet." I then leaned in closer. "Don't tell Nat. She'll just blow her top, she has to hear it from me."
They both nodded, and then I squealed excitedly. It was good that they finally knew.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:24 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
After a lot of squealing and hugging, we got down into the serious business.
'Shotgun decoration.' I told them seriously. Jli and Cyn stared at me suspiciously.
'No man eating plants.' Clarified Jli, sternly.
'Aw.... not even-'
'No.'
'But they're so-'
'No.'
'I could do it instead?' Cyn. I gave her a long, hard look. They both laughed at my expression.
'Pleeease, Jli?' My tone was slightly threatening, but mostly not.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:09 pm 
HIVE Candidate

I smiled slightly again, pleased to see everyone was very happy about something, but rather left out. I watched as they hugged inside the bubble, and I sighed, remembering that, that was how life was like before I went to HIVE...never part of the group, almost always alone. I curled up in a ball, the laptop resting on my knees, as I typed another message, back to base. I didn't want to ruin the other's happiness, so I carried on typing, and after some time, I became rather distracted, recollecting on my past.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 am 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
"OK, Emily." I pointed at her, looking serious. "You can do decorations. You can incorporate plants into the theme. Please don't let them eat my fiance."
She squealed with delight, and hugged me. I looked at Cyn.
"You can choose... venue." I told her. She grinned, and I could practically see the cogs in her head whirring. "Not to be a bitch, but I already know what I want my dress to look like, so I'm in charge of clothes. You are both bridesmaids, so is Roza, I'm not sure about Nat. Maid of honour, maybe?" There were a few murmurs of agreement. "But I definatly want... where's Clar? She doesn't even know about the wedding!" I sighed in frustration and threw my arms in the air, popping my head out of the bubble and calling her in. I then explained the entire thing to her again, told her that she was a bridesmaid, and asked her to design the invites.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 am 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
I grinned as I entered the bubble, and Jli told me the brilliant news. "Congratulations!" I beamed, exchanging hugs with Jli. "I'd love to be a bridesmaid! Thank you!" I said, my words overflowing with joy, as we hugged again. "Sooo, When's the big day?" I asked, eager to find out more.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:59 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
I grinned, then paused.
'Hang on, hang on, hang ON. Who is catering? And is it okay if the wolves come? Also, I want to see the ring. What time of the day is it going to be, what does the dress look like, and Have you got a picture of the groom?'

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:52 pm 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
I was almost swept off my feet by the huge onslaught of questions, and I ended up laughing at her expression.
"Catering?" She began simply.
"I'm not sure." I told her. Her face lit up expectantly. "You're already doing the decorations!" I exclaimed, and her face fell.
"Wolves?"
"Yes." I allowed. She smiled.
"Dress?"
"Not 100% sure, as of yet, but I'm working on it." I told her.
"Picture of groom?"
"I don't like to carry one around, in case someone captures me or something, and then they find his picture, recognise him or Google him or something and then go and kill him. I'm probably being paranoid, but I don't want to endanger him." That elicited a few 'ahh's from the grows, and I smiled.
"Rings?" she asked finally.
"It will be traditional Russian, with three bands each, but made of a cool black metal that's apparently very rare, but we don't have engagement rings. We get them at the ceremony, with the betrothals."
I then showed them a website on my iPad-like machine, that covered most of the main points. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_wedding ) And explained what format the wedding would take. It was set to last about three days, with the ransom paying going first, and then the Traditional Ceremony, with the betrothals and ring exchanges, and then the crowning, civil ceremony, tour of the city and then the massive after party, all split up into three days.
It was going to be a BLAST!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:05 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
I sighed.
'Okaaay, then. But I suppose your feast will not be as organic as you might have liked.' The others rolled their eyes.
'Exactly.' Jli said, grinning. I was all set to begin a rant on the importance of unprocessed food, but we had already moved on to discussion of themes. I gasped.
'It should totally be at the snow challenge place!' Cyn rounded on me.
'Emily!'
'What?'
'I'm doing venue.' I looked appropriately apologetic.
'It's gonna be so FUN!' I laughed, hugging Jli again. 'And the wolves will look DASHING. Mark my words.'

((Where did Mew ever get to????? ))

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 pm 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
We all continued to talk excitedly about the Wedding, and I still found it hard to prevent the flood of questions overflowing. After all, I wanted to congratulate her, and didn't want it to seem like an interrogation. "Have you known him long?" I asked, curious to find out more about the mysterious groom.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:46 pm 
HIVE Candidate

*Jli*
"Don't judge me." I made her promise. "I've known him for about three months."
"Bit quick..." She started. I looked at her with a mixture of something like sarcasm and irritation, but I knew that she meant well.
"I am aware of that, but you just have to meet him to instantly love him." I told them, smiling. "In fact..." I looked at Cyn. "Would you mind if we went to see him now?" I asked, looking hopeful. She grinned and nodded. Stepping out of the bubble, I made a few quick calls to determine his location, fed the co-ordinates into the computer, and set a new course for there.
I slid back into the bubble and psyched myself up fornthe big moment.
"Time to tell Nat..." I whispered, eliciting a few pitiful looks from the rest of them as I slid back out of the bubble and walked towards her door.
The sound of argument had died down from the room that she was in, and I tok that as a good sign. Knocking on the door softly, I poked my head in and surveyed the scene. Nat was resting her head on her husband's shoulder, and Roza was lying with her head in Nat's lap, while her mother stroked her hair absently. Her eyes were rimmed with red, and she looked tired. Tired and old, too old; I swear I could se a few silver hairs gleaming in the dim light.
Smiling slightly, I stepped into the room and asked for Mat to come out, so that I could talk to her. She frowned, but dislodged herself from her current position, and followed me out, looking slightly worried and anxious. We walked out of the room, and I looked for a private place to speak to her. The others were still sitting sighing the translucent silver bubble, watching us expectantly, but looking down hurriedly when Nat looked over at them. The cockpit!
We walked to the front technology-lined room, and I locked the almost-soundproof door behind up with a satisfying clunk. Nat looked REALLY worried now, and she leaned towards me anticipantly, her features outlined with worry.
"Are you OK?" She asked quietly. I saw a thin silver thread slither under the door. I smiled slightly at it.
"I'm absolutely fine, I just need to talk to you." I told her, hoping that would clarify matters.
She frowned, processing that information. "Am I OK?" She asked, probably trying to figure out the whole point of this conversation.
"As far as I am aware. Look, it's good news." I comforted her, then came straight out with it, bracing myself for some form of explosion. "I'm engaged."
Her face remained unreadable, nothing about her expression changing.
"Name?" She asked, quick-firing questions even more rapidly than the others had.
"Aleksandar Swarvoskie."
"Age?"
"25."
"An older man..." She whispered, no hint of teasing in her voice. I gulped, then laughed, but she remained horribly serious.
"Only by nine months..." I justified, protectively.
"Career?"
I smiled. This was where Alek shone. "Assassin, also part time driver and an excellent cook."
I waited with baited breath, awaiting her approval. She broke into a missive grin, and leaped at me, attacking me with a huge hug. I almost passed out after letting out a HUGE breath that I had been holding in.
"You done good." She whispered in my ear, hugging me tighter. I was SO relieved...
"Just one request.." I asked, and she broke away, but still smiling, and nodded. "I want Roza to be my flower girl, and you to be my svideteli."
"Deal." She grinned, then hugged me again. We slipped into Russian, and started chatting animatedly about location, layout, food, dresses, rings, tradition, family, guests, organisers and weddings in general. She rolled her eyes when I told her that Emily was in charge of decorations.
"You are aware that you're going to be getting married in a jungle now." She warned me, and then we both laughed.
I was deliciously happy in this oasis of calm in the desert of evil and upset, but the rest of the world didn't matter now, just this little flying saucer and group of people.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:44 pm 
HIVE Candidate

<Clarnico>
"A bit quick..." I said, but not insultingly, knowing that she must have got to know him well in those three months. She replied quickly, and we carried on talking, before she left the bubble, appearing to be talking to Nat. I grinned, leaning back on the bubble's squishy interior.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Emily)
I nodded with approval.
'Swarvoskie.' I said, as Clarnico googled the name into facebook.
I was listening intently to the conversation in the other room. I sighed.
'Someone really needs to teach me some more Russian.' I grinned, looking ahead at an overhead sign.
'Ten minutes.' I gliggled, as the bubble began to tighten, becoming more durable.
'Who wants to get a sneaky headstart on meeting mystery man?'

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:00 pm 
HIVE Candidate

((lol at face-booking my fiancé))
*Jli*
I wandered out of the room, and then slid back into the bubble, and smiled as they hid something behind Clarinco's back.
"What is it?" I asked, expectantly.
"What's what?" They asked in various different ways. I reached around to behind Clarinco's back, and taking out her laptop. Open was facebook, with 'Aleksander Swarwoski' typed into the search bar.
"You spelt his name wrong." I told them, then spelt the first name 'Aleksandar' with an a as the penultimate letter, and then hitting enter. I handed it back to them, and they crowded around it excitedly.
"Nope, nope, nope, no, ugh NO, I wish, no, wrong, fail, not him, no, and no." I told them as they scrolled down the twelve results that had popped up. "He's an assassin, he doesn't have a face-book profile." I grinned. "At least, not under his real name..."
They all looked up, and started begging me to tell them his face-book name. I refused, then told them that we'd be touching down in about a minuteanyway...
For the remaining minute and a bit they begged and pleaded with me to tell them his real name, and I somehow managed to continually refuse them until the until the saucer touched down at the designated, pre-determined area. I breathed a sigh of relief and ran out of the bubble, then saw Nat walking down the exit ramp.
"STOP!" I yelled, then tackled her to the ground before she got to the bottom of the ramp and touched the floor. She yelled in surprise, and the rest of the people that were still on the plane stared at me with open mouths. I had just rugby-tackled a ninja assassin, after all. "Just stay here..." I warned them, then walked down the exit ramp and into what appeared to be a barren back garden. As soon as my feet touched the cracked, barren ground, a small, black sphere popped out of the ground and lit up with a harsh white light. I stared into it until red dots danced in my vision, and then a synthetic voice announced,
"Retinal scan confirmed."
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." I told it.
"Voice pattern confirmed." It continued. I then hurled it into the air as hard and high as I could. Once about twenty feet in the air, it exploded with a blue flame, and shrapnel rained down around me, some of it landing in and singing my hair slightly.
"You can come out now." I told them, then walked across the garden and across to a wooden door with flakey green paint peeling on the door. I knocked twice and another synthesised voice greeted me.
"Welcome, please identify." It requested.
"Jli, with" I mentally counted "six guests."
"Welcome, and please enjoy your stay."
The door swung open and revealed a small, black-lined room, which was an elevator. We all piled in, and then the doors hissed shut. Everything was perfectly quiet and still in the air-conditioned room. Everyone looked at me.
"Oh." I realised that they were waiting for the lift to move. There were no buttons to press to make it move. "Hold onto something." I smiled at them, and reached up to hold onto a handle that was embedded in the ceiling. Most of them scrambled to grab something, and then the lift dropped with a sickening lurch, pure free-fall, and Roza started screaming as it accelerated downwards. It dropped like this for about twenty seconds, until a count-down from five popped up on the wall. "JUMP!" I yelled, but no-one heard over the screaming infant. When the count-down reached two, I grabbed her out of Nat's arms, and when it dropped to one, I leaped as high into the air as I could.
The room slammed to a stop on zero, and everyone that hadn't jumped, violently fell to the floor with a simultaneous thud. I set Roza down on the floor on a patch that wasn't covered with sprawled bodies, and then the lift doors opened with a soft 'ping'.
Standing outside the door was a tall man wearing a long white lab-coat, and huge safety specs. His long dark hair was messy, and he was panting slightly, but the huge grin on his race over-rode all of these features for me. He looked like he had run from a laboratory in the middle of a hugely strenuous experiment. That was actually probably what he had done...
"Jay bird!" He yelled and I ran up to him.
"Alek!" I yelled back, and enveloped him in a massive hug and we danced around.
"Jay bird?" Came a sceptical voice from behind me, but I ignored it. A sleek white dog bounded up behind me with blue eyes and six legs. It barked and ran around, then ran at the others, who 'aww'ed and 'argh'ed appropriately.
"How come you never call in advance?" Alek asked me. "I would have bought flowers!"
"That's exactly why I never call in advance. That and the fact that I've been running for my life over the past week." I told him, then kissed him quickly, bedew spinning around to call back the dogs and face the others. "So, Alek. This is Nat, Max, Roza, Cyn, Emily and Clarinco. Nat, Max, Roza, Cyn, Emily and Clarinco, this is Aleksandar Swarvoski, my fiancé." I loved that word. Everyone greeted each other, and then the dog barked once. I rolled my eyes. "And this is Version 1.0." That was indeed the dog's name. She didn't mind, in fact, I think she liked it. She panted happily, and wagged her tail. Emily walked over to her, and then kneeled in front of her, looking her in her beautiful blue eyes.
She talked to her in that cutsie voice that people reserve for talking to small animals and children. "Hey there! I'm Emily."
"Nice to meet you." 1.0 replied, wagging her tail happily.
EVERYONE looked like this : :shock: , and I don't blame them. Their expressions were actually quite funny. Nat cleared her throat before talking to me.
"Did the dog just... erm..."
"Version 1.0 is a talking dog, yes. It was a gene-splicing experiment that didn't go exactly as planned; I was trying to grow an extra pair of arms, and then remembered the dogs that we'd used for the civil war, the females has the canine version of a second pair of arms, and so I thought we could cut corners that way... ended up with my consciousness effectively copy and pasted into a dog. Gave up on the extra pair of arms."

Last edited by Jlister 1997 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:15 pm 
HIVE Candidate

((Hey Jli, you're on :D Hows.... wherever you are in your holiday??))
(Emily)
I walked forwards, circling him with a suspicious gaze. Then the tendril wrenched forwards, grabbing his ankle, lifting him upside down into the air. I continued to inspect him for a couple of seconds, ignoring his protests. Turning to Jli, I told her.
'I approve.' Then set him down right-side up again, albeit slightly ruffled, The silver snake returning to my wrist. I then turned back to him.
'Hey, I'm Emily.' I told him, smiling, holding out my hand. He looked somewhat apprehensive of the gesture.

[ 1114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 56  Next