[ 13983 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579 ... 700  Next

Post subject: Re: HIVE Roleplay (Proper Thread)
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:12 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Analiese)
I tensed and tried not to jump as the Colonel announced '30 seconds.'

"Ready?" I glanced at Raul, trying to focus on his face. He looked slightly apprehensive, but not much more, or maybe he was just hiding it well. Of course, nobody was terrified, as we had done it before, but most people were more nervous. Especially the Alphas, with the Henchmen. We all knew that Colonel Francisco's goons wouldn't hesitate to maim and/or kill us.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:35 pm 
Master Criminal

Location: Having breakfast with my faithful horde of Tickling Ninja Goat Assassins
((Raul ))

"Ready?" she asked me, causing me to once again glance in her direction. It had never occurred to me that she might be even a bit anxious, or feeling anything that I was.

"Of course," I said easily, and offered a small smile.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:41 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Analiese)
His slight smile drew one from me in return. I gave him a small nod, and tried not to look too edgy. I was determined to at least keep that façade going.

"Ten seconds!" The Colonel's voice emanated from the walls.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:50 pm 
Master Criminal

Location: Having breakfast with my faithful horde of Tickling Ninja Goat Assassins
((Raul))

There was a flash of light, and everything went dark before dots of different lights eased into view, like waking up. When my vision cleared I realized these lights were streetlamps, and we found ourselves on a busy city sidewalk, people pushing past us on either side; I had never been to New York, but assumed this was it. Before anything could happen to us, I took Analiese's arm and gently pulled her back into the shadow of an alley so we wouldn't be the first to be picked off.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:58 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Analiese)
He drew me back into the shadows, and I didn't resist. It was the right thing to do--at least we weren't standing out in the middle of the brightly lit street.

I just stood there like a piece of wood, trying to get my bearings. I had forgotten what I was like when first entering a simulation--that is to say, totally confused. They always managed to catch me off guard, no matter how many times I did them.

My name caught my attention when Raul stepped on my food. I shook my head slightly, realizing that Raul had probably been trying to get my attention for a few minutes.

"Sorry," I muttered.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:02 pm 
Master Criminal

(( Raul ))

"Get a grip on yourself," I growled, leaning down close to her ear so us talking wouldn't give our positions away. "If you mess up, we're both going down." I paused a moment, and then murmured, "Are you alright?"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:09 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Analiese)
I was torn between being touched or offended by his words. I decided to go with the former and ignore his first two sentences. "Yeah. Simulations just get to me at first."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:16 pm 
Master Criminal

(( Raul ))

"Just keep your head in the game," I said in a low voice before drawing away, leaning back up. Even in the simulation, she still smelled like lilac, and it was somewhat disorienting. I shook my head a little, taking my own advice and clearing my thoughts.

Suddenly I heard gunshots above us; the proximity made my ears pop. I pushed us flat against the side of the building, further into the shadows to avoid falling glass from the other side of the alley, my hand on her stomach. They weren't shooting at us, but across the alley into the other building. We were caught on both sides.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:24 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Analiese)
I winced as he put his hand on my stomach. I didn't have the room to move away, and I didn't exactly want to admit that I didn't want to.

Thankfully, I didn't get the chance to answer him when the gunshots drew my attention. Raul came to the same conclusion that I did in the same instant. We weren't the ones being shot at, but there were people on our other side. We were trapped.

I slowly drew my own gun, just in case. If I had the chance to use it, we were in trouble anyways, but it gave me something to do other than stew in my own frantic thoughts.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:26 pm 
HIVE Student

((@Em- it was great! *grins* Ah, the dreaded schoolz. Well, at least I won't be the only one going in now xD Haha, it's wonderful isn't it? I do love that quote.))

(Cesca)

He opened his mouth to object, his eyebrows knotting together. I silenced hi with a form of communication we could understand. It was brief, but it was enough.
"Please?"
He watched me carefully, and then sighed heavily. "If I must."
"Grazie," I beamed, as I kissed his cheek and tugged on his hand towards the clear centre of the room.
"Wait, now?" He began to panic.
I laughed. "There's no time like the present."
"Someone could walk in on us-"
"-and they will walk straight back out again," I assured him. "It's dancing, Chais, not..." I stopped, and blushed. His fingers caught the flush of pink, just as they always seem to. "Come on. It won't take long."
"Fine," he said grudgingly, before he smirked and leaned in to breathe in my ear, sending goosebumps down my back; "On one condition: what will you be wearing to this party?"

((@Nev- *laughs* We have to be, this is Cesca and Chais we're talking about! Besides, we can't have every character acting miserable all the time, now can we? xD))

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 pm 
Master Criminal

(( Cuute, Nev ^^

Raul ))

I heard the barely audible click of her gun being lifted from its holster and pressed in a little harder on her stomach, telling her not to use it. They didn't know we were here, whoever they were; if she decided to shoot now, it would mean game over. I let my hand fall slowly to my side, toward my own gun that rested on my hip as I inched toward the opening of the alley, bumping her lightly with my elbow to get her moving.

Slowly we edged toward the exit, when suddenly two figures darted into the alley with us, no doubt to also seek shelter. Breathing hard, they were too concerned with their own welfare to notice us immediately, and seeing as we were still in the heart of the shadows, I wasn't about to take that chance. Now the game had changed; danger stood right in front of us. Knowing we would have to jump out the moment my bullets left the gun, I shot twice at the Alpha boy and girl and ran.

I'd missed the girl, I knew, because I had already begun to run before I shot, but Juan had been my first target, and I'd got him in the shoulder. I heard shots behind us, and knew that the pairs in the buildings now knew that they were there. Juan and his partner were most likely pulled out of the simulation by now.

I heard a shot behind me and realized Analiese had taken out a Henchman in front of us that I hadn't even noticed.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 pm 
HIVE Candidate

((Yup. History and Latin results were okay, though! *Dances*
Yup, Kipling's awesome. ^.^))

(Chais)
'I haven't decided yet,' She said, loftily, pushing me backwards a little and taking both of my hands in hers.
'You must have some idea.' She placed one of my hands on her waist, then slid it around until it rested on her back.
'I think Rina's picked some stuff out.' She pulled my wandering hand back into place.
'I don't get to see it, then.' I pouted.
'Patience is a-'
'Virtue we both know I do not possess.' She pushed my chin upwards, making me stand totally straight, then laced her fingers through mine, out to the side, before using one of her feet to push mine into position.
'Hold it there.' She stepped back slightly, adjusted me again. 'Perfect.' She smiled, and tilted up on her toes to press her lips to mine, once.
Or at least, that was her intention. Upon contact, I completely dropped my position to take her face in my palms and continue the kiss.
'Okay,' she mumbled against my lips, 'clearly, this activity is going to demand all of your focus...'

“Yes?”
“and follow your star...”
“Yes?”
“you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.”

~Miss Tick, The Wee Free Men

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:35 pm 
HIVE Student

((@Em- Aw, good for you! I'm glad. *dances also*
XD Indeed!
BTW, perfect post just there! *melts*))

(Cesca)

He chuckled. “Another skill I evidently lack,” he reminded me, nose skimming mine as he pulled away to breathe.
I scowled, turning my face to the side when he leaned in once more. He was going to have to do this whether he liked it or not.
He made a petulant face. “Come on, Cesc, just one? For me?”
“That was several,” I said severely. I gave him a stern look. “Back in position.”
He seemed to thoroughly object to the idea, but he sighed and stood straight again. I corrected the placement of his arms and shoulders, employing every ounce of restraint I had to avoid feeling that shiver running through me every time we touched. And he thought he was the only one having problems holding back.
“Good,” I murmured. “Now, all you have to do is move.”
I showed him the basic steps. I took lead to show him as we began, dreading the idea of handing the control over to him which I inevitably would on the night. - that was, if I was brave enough to get there in the first place – but I knew Chais was a quick learner when he wanted to be. Either he was just being stubborn now, or he was unwilling to admit that I had lost him already.
“Are you with me so far?” I inquired, before we could continue to the next section.
He narrowed his eyes derisively. “I believe I’ve been able to keep up.”
I smiled, kindly. “It’s only one dance, Chais.”
“One dance too many.”
“Stop complaining.”
“Do I have any choice?”
I beamed, and announced somberly, “I have trained you well, my love.”
Immediately he ducked his head and captured my lips with his, arms tightening around my body.
I really was going to learn not to speak too soon.
“Chais!” I pushed against his chest in an attempt to separate us.
“Mmhmm?” he mimicked one of my monosyllabic responses as he pretended to be distracted by the experience of running his finger along the length of my jaw.
“You’re impossible.”
“I know.”
At that moment, muffled noise echoed from above us. Both our gazes shot up towards the ceiling.
“It’s just the maids cleaning.” I relaxed.
Chais frowned, troubled. “They’re going to clean in here eventually too.”
“And you’re worried they’ll see us?” I questioned. “I told you before-“
“Maybe we should go…somewhere else,” he interrupted anyway.
I grabbed his chin and forced him to me. “Golding, I’m going to teach you to dance even if it kills me. It’s not going to make a difference whether you learn here, or in the stable-“
I should have said that. I saw his eyes instantly light up.
I pushed on, hurriedly. “-but you are going to learn. Now you can leave and I’ll refuse to talk to you for the rest of the day. And most likely tomorrow as well. Or you can stay here and get on with it and when we’re done we’ll give the maids something to really gawp at.”
His eyes widened, out on stalks. "You mean-?"
"Yep." I raised a brow, daring him to resist.
The next second, he had his shirt off.

Last edited by PeridotGlitter on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:53 pm 
HIVE Student

((Yoohoo, Emily! *excited*))

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:12 pm 
HIVE Student

((*sigh* I have to run for dinner, but post while I'm gone if you're still here, Em?))

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 pm 
HIVE Candidate

((Oh, hey!! Sorry, I didn't see you... *Facepalm*
Um, you know that sentence about gawping maids? I get the implication (I think), but the sentence itself doesn't make sense. XDD))

“Yes?”
“Yes?”
“you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.”

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:27 pm 
HIVE Student

((Back!

Don't worry! We're both here now anyway xD

Aha! I see, let me edit...))

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
HIVE Candidate

(Chais)
I glanced at my shirt in her hands, and raised one eyebrow.
'You ripped it.'
'Sorry,' She said, with little hint of apology, smiling, eyes not entirely focused on my face. 'I didn't think you were that attached to it.'
I stepped forwards, drawing her hands to my stomach, slowly sliding them up over my torso until they rested on my shoulders again, letting the sparks shoot across my skin, spreading to rip down my spine with a shudder.
Then, I took her waist with one of mine, again, and threaded my fingers through hers, readopting the waltzing pose, albeit closer, so that every line of my body pressed to hers. I leaned my forehead against hers.
'Then,' I whispered, 'stop tormenting me, because I really, really want to learn to dance.'

“Yes?”
“Yes?”

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
HIVE Candidate

((Aha! Thank you. XDD))

“Yes?”
“Yes?”

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:36 pm 
HIVE Student

(((Eeks....that post...*sizzles and melts*))

[ 13983 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579 ... 700  Next